Pyrrhocorax pyrrhocorax pyrrhocorax
Mathew thought it was common all round the coast from Tenby to Dinas c.1840-50, but by 1894 it was fast becoming scarce. Formerly nested in ruins of Bishop’s Palace at St Davids, and was breeding “in great abundance” on Manorbier Castle about 1857.
Probably no scarcer now than it was fifty years ago. In 1948 approximately 35 pairs breeding, all on coast or islands.